Please complete this form to nominate your professor for the 2023 AAPG Foundation Inspirational Geoscience Educator Award.
Thank you for your efforts to recognize a deserving educator for the AAPG Foundation Inspirational Geoscience Educator Award. Click here to review program requirements and guidelines.
In order to nominate an outstanding professor for this award please ensure that he or she meets the following criteria:
- Has a PhD in geoscience.
- Has a minimum of three years full-time teaching experience at any higher education institution.
- Is a full-time assistant or associate professor within ten years of their initial tenure track appointment at the time of nomination. For professors with more than ten years, please apply for the AAPG Association Grover E. Murray Distinguished Educator Award.
- Has taught one or more courses that include content that applies to the formation and geological history of earth resources. Earth resources are defined as geologic materials used by civilization past and present, including: organic materials such as petroleum, natural gas, coal and oil shale; and/or inorganic substances found in the Earth such as mineral ores, building stone and aggregate; and/or non-fossil energy resources from the Earth such as geothermal energy.
To complete the application, be ready to provide:
- Professor's information including subjects taught, years in teaching, awards, etc.
- A copy of the professor's curriculum or syllabus.
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
Award will be announced in late April 2023.