Use the forms below to apply for a scholarship or grant, vote for a candidate, or nominate an individual for an educator award.
Use this form to apply for the 2021 Teacher of the Year program! Deadline is 12 a.m. CST on Feb. 19, 2021.
Applications and nominations for the 2021 Teacher of the Year (TOTY) award are now being accepted. The TOTY award, given by the American Association for Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Foundation, will once again be granted to a K-12 teacher within the United States who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the field of geoscience education. The award includes $3,000 for school use under the teacher's supervision for educational purposes and $3,000 for personal use by the teacher. The winner also will receive an expense-paid trip for two to ACE to receive the award. Check out the links below for important information about guidelines, deadlines, and how to apply!
Questions? Email or call a AAPG Foundation Programs Coordinator at (918) 560-9426, toll free at 1 (855) 302-2743, or by email at TOTY@aapg.org.
This form is for eligible students and student organizations applying for the L. Austin Weeks Undergraduate Grant Program.
Undergraduate students in their sophomore, junior or senior years, studying a field of geoscience full-time at a four-year accredited college or university are eligible to apply using this form.
Geoscience organizations including AAPG Student Chapters and other undergraduate student-led geoscience clubs or associations are eligible to apply using this form.
Final applicants will be chosen by the AAPG Foundation Review Panel and announced annually in late April or May. Awards are granted for use for the following academic year. Read and follow the instructions carefully prior to submitting your application. Program requirements and guidelines can be found at https://foundation.aapg.org/l-austin-weeks-undergraduate-grant-program .
Questions? Comments? Contact AAPG Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org, (918) 560-9426, or toll-free 1 (855) 302-2743.
Please complete this form to nominate your professor for the AAPG Foundation Inspiration Geoscience Educator Award.
Thank you for your efforts to recognize a deserving educator for the AAPG Foundation Inspirational Geoscience Educator Award. Click here to review program requirements and guidelines.
In order to nominate an outstanding professor for this award please ensure that he or she meets the following criteria:
- Has a PhD in geoscience.
- Has a minimum of three years full-time teaching experience at any higher education institution.
- Is a full-time assistant or associate professor within ten years of their initial tenure track appointment at the time of nomination. For professors with more than ten years, please apply for the AAPG Association Grover E. Murray Distinguished Educator Award.
- Has taught one or more courses that include content that applies to the formation and geological history of earth resources. Earth resources are defined as geologic materials used by civilization past and present, including: organic materials such as petroleum, natural gas, coal and oil shale; and/or inorganic substances found in the Earth such as mineral ores, building stone and aggregate; and/or non-fossil energy resources from the Earth such as geothermal energy.
To complete the application, be ready to provide:
- Professor's information including subjects taught, years in teaching, awards, etc.
- A copy of the professor's curriculum or syllabus.
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
Award will be announced in late April 2021.