Use the forms below to apply for a scholarship or grant, vote for a candidate, or nominate an individual for an educator award.
Awards are presented annually to three AAPG student chapters that have best captured their activities and achievements in a YouTube™ video. Entries are judged and chosen by the AAPG Student Chapter Committee and by popular vote on social media. Winners will be announced at the Student Chapter Reception held at the AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition (ACE), in Houston, TX, June 7-10, 2020.
Prizes awarded: First Place – US $1,500, Second Place – US $700, Third Place – US $300
• Videos should highlight your student chapter and associated activities between July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020.
• Video submissions should be three minutes or less in length.
• Only one video entry per AAPG student chapter.
• Entry deadline is April 6, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
• Videos will be posted on the official AAPG Student Chapter Facebook Page as they are submitted by AAPG staff.
The AAPG Foundation’s Deana and Paul Strunk Military Veterans Scholarship Program (MVSP) is designed to promote the advancement of student veterans and/or dependents in educational geoscience programs at the undergraduate level. All applicants will be notified of award status on or before June 30, 2020.
To complete the application, be prepared to provide:
- Documentation of military service and/or military dependent status. Please redact private information.
- Official or unofficial transcripts.
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance for enrollment at U.S. accredited university or college.
- Description of financial need.
- A career goal statement (250-500 words).
- 1-3 letter(s) of recommendation.
If selected for a scholarship, you may be asked for documentation to support the data you provide. Likewise, all correspondence and award agreements will be generated from the personal information submitted in this application. Please ensure all data is correct.